Carroll Gardens Association, Inc. will be launching its Homeownership Education and Counseling Program with the “Learn More about Becoming a Homeowner” Workshop. The workshop will be held on Wednesday, January 30th, 2013 at the Carroll Gardens Association, Inc., from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. During this workshop, participants will learn about the following:
- What are the benefits of becoming a homeowner;
- What makes up a mortgage payment;
- What are closing costs and additional costs of homeownership;
- What role does credit play in financing a home;
- What credit qualifying guidelines do lenders consider;
- What types of loan should I consider;
- What a home mortgage consultant could do for you;
- How to finance a renovation; and
- How to choose a Realtor.
The workshop will be presented by Luigi Giunta, Home Mortgage Specialist and Albert Diaz, Renovation Specialist of Wells Fargo Home Mortgage. Carroll Gardens Association, Inc. received a grant from the Wells Fargo Housing Foundation to help establish the organization’s Homeownership Education and Counseling Program. The Program has the primary objectives of improving financial literacy, expanding homeownership opportunities, improving access to affordable housing and preserving homeownership.
To register for this free workshop, call (718) 243-9301 or email: Workshops@carrollgardensassociation.com.