Carroll Gardens Association, Inc.(CGA), in partnership with Gowanus Canal Community Development Corporation (GCCDC), will hold a workshop on “How to Organize a Tenants’ Association.” The workshop will be held on Wednesday, June 8th, 2011 from 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the CGA Training Center, located at 201 Columbia Street, Brooklyn, NY 11231. Ms. Lydia Buffington, Community Liaison for Gowanus Canal CDC, will conduct the workshop.
- Assemble a tenants’ association and plan a meeting.
- Notify the property management office regarding needed improvements in the apartments.
- Be a central point for reporting concerns that may be of common interest to other tenants.
- Achieve consensus and resolve common issues.
- Enforce group tenants’ rights.
Tenants of CGA-owned properties, as well as the general public are invited. Light appetizers and refreshments will be served. A raffle will also be held after the workshop. Contact (718) 243-9301 to confirm your attendance.